What Is The Best Payment Gateway For Your Ecommerce Shop
What Payment Gateway Do I Need, And Do I Need More Than One?
When you get to the stage of choosing the right payment gateway you need to take a few key things in to consideration. Today I will talk about the best payment gateways for online businesses in New Zealand. I will also talk a little bit about AfterPay and BitPay.
Payment Gateway Comparison
PayPal Standard Payments is one of the most widely used payment gateways with over 340,000 gateways world wide. PayPal is very simple to integrate with your ecommerce platform and they have a simple and reasonable fees schedule.
- Simple Set Up – You can set up an account and start accepting payments the same day.
- Send invoices online for fast payment
- Accept credit and debit cards (your buyers don’t need a PayPal account)
- Accept PayPal payments
- Simplified PCI compliance
- No long-term contracts, setup, withdrawal or cancellation fees
Up to $5000 | 3.4% + $0.45 NZD per domestic transaction
$5,000.01 – $15,000 | 2.9% + $0.45 NZD per domestic transaction
$15,000.01 – $150,000 |2.7% + $0.45 NZD per domestic transaction
Over $150,000 | 2.4% + $0.45 NZD per domestic transaction
Stripe is tailored for ecommerce and has extensive functionality. Stripe has over 150 supported currencies.
- Accept any form of payment from credit card to bitcoin.
- Twelve different languages
- 1-tap mobile payments
- Stripe plugin for WordPress, Magento or Drupal.
- Allows for simple Stripe integration for e-commerce, invoicing, form building, analytics, and so on.
- Some integrating providers include BigCommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, Big Cartel, Stitch, Harvest, Weebly, and many others.
With 2Checkout’s services you are able customise checkouts and website integration, creating a checkout experience that is seamless with your brand.
- Recurring Billing
- Advanced Fraud Detection
- Payment API
- Hosted Check Outs
- Shopping Cart Integration
- Over 115 online shopping carts and invoicing systems Partnerships
3.9% + 45¢ Per Transaction
POLi is an excellent gateway option to run alongside your primary gateway option as it facilitates transactions with using credit or debit cards. POLi is safe and secure and lets you use your Internet Banking to make the payment.
- Shopping Carts
- Woo Commerce, Magento, ZenCart, and more.
- Payment Buttons and Forms
- Payment Gateways
- PayStation, Flo2Cash
- Xero Add On
- Shopify Integration
1% of the payment value, capped at $3.00 per transaction
No set up fees
No monthly service fees
BitPay allows your online business to accept BitCoin with BitPay’s payment gateway. Since the start of 2017 BitCoin has skyrocketed from around $1,000 USD to over $15,000 USD and is now being more widely used by merchants around the world.
- Payment & Refund Management
- Payment Tools
- Shopping Cart Plugins
- API, Libraries, & SDKs
- CSV Ledger Download
- Hosted Solutions
1% of the payment value
AfterPay works like this. Customer selects Afterpay on checkout and no further personal information is required > Customer pays the first instalment up-front and gets their order straight away > Afterpay settles up-front with the merchant and assumes any credit and fraud risk > Customer pays off their purchase in regular instalments directly to Afterpay.
- Integration with online shopping carts
- Guaranteed up-front payment
- Incremental sales, new customers
- Zero fraud or credit risk